6-Week (half-days) HR Certificate Course
6 Thursdays September 15 - October 20, 2022 - 1:00 - 6:00 pm MDT
sponsored by LIFFT
Online/Virtual live course OR In-Person
Deadline for Enrollment/Payment: Monday September 12, 2022
Hume 'n Resources has successfully assisted thousands of HR professionals for 25 years to
enhance their HR skills and leadership development as well as pass certification exams
Dates: 6 Thursdays (half days): September 15, 22, & 28 and October 6, 13, & 20, 2022
Time: 1:00 - 6:00 pm MDT - each day for six (6) classes (half days)
Course: 6-Week (half-day) HR Certificate Course:
This course is a multi-purpose course. It is great way to learn about best practices in the HRM profession as well as to learn/develop other HR skills and best practices to assist you and your organization to proactively stay out of court and to enhance productivity, engagement and well-being of employees. It is great way to refresh your professional development to review all HRM body of knowledge & competencies to prepare for your HRCI or SHRM certification exam. AND if course and attendance requirements are met, a course Certificate of Completion can be earned for this course and up to 30 hours of professional development credit / recertification credit can be earned.
- Course topics & materials cover the current HRM Profession's body of knowledge and competencies as outlined by HRCI & SHRM and can assist you in certification preparation review for the aPHR, SHRM-CP, PHR, SHRM-SCP, and SPHR exams. Click Here to see list of topics.
Program Description: HR Course Topics | humen-resources (humenresources.com)
The course covers all functional areas, bodies of knowledge and competencies for the HRM profession. Topics cover all of the HR
Body of Knowledge and Competency as established by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) for aPHR, PHR & SPHR and SHRM HR
Body of Competency & Knowledge for SHRM-CP or SCP.
– go to www.hrci.org for aPHR, PHR, SPHR exam information
Place: Virtual Live Web Course
Instructor: Frances A. Hume, SCP, SPHR, GPHR of Hume ‘n Resources Consulting: well-known leader in the HR profession with over 44
years of HR and leadership experience; since 1997 has assisted thousands of HR professionals in enhancing their HR and
leadership skills as well as assisting them in successfully passing their HR certification exams; 2009 HRCI Board Chair and 2003-2010
HRCI Board member of the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Board of Directors; former Subject Matter Expert for the SHRM
Learning System; former item (question) writer of national certification exam questions; and SHRM Learning System SME & instructor
for national SHRM. Serves/has served on BYU’s OB/HR Advisory Council, USU’s HR Advisory Council, and Western Governors
University's Business Council and is past Chair of the Citizen's Compensation Advisory Committee (CCAC) for Salt Lake City
Course Materials: Course Workbook binder* - Excellent resource packed with HR best practice information!
*If attending course for recertification credits, you do NOT need to purchase the workbook.
Optional Resource: HR Certification Preparation (JRCP) Modules - great HR reference and resource tool for HRCI/SHRM certification exam
prep (will not be used during course) If you are taking a certification exam, go to: HRCP - HRCP - Products
Optional Resource: HRM Textbook by Mathis/Jackson -- excellent HR desk reference resource & tool for HRCI/SHRM certification exam
(will not be used during the course) "Human Resource Management" by Robert L. Mathis, SBN13:978- 1285061634
Course Objectives: This in-depth HR course is designed for multiple purposes and objectives for those seeking:
(1) Professional HR Development: Professionals desiring to update knowledge and skills in current HRM best practices &
employment laws. Currently certified HR professionals seeking recertification credit hours.
(2) Human Resource Knowledge: Any one who wants to learn about the HRM profession or who supervises/manages
(3) Review of HRM Body of Knowledge, Responsibilities & Competencies: HR practitioners wanting to successfully review the
professional HR Body of Knowledge, Competencies and Responsibilities for personal assessment and for the HRCI and SHRM
*Note: This certificate course is not a substitute for certification examination. The HRCI or SHRM exam registration is
separate and an additional cost from the HR Certificate Course registration.
- To take the aPHR, PHR or SPHR exam, you must complete a separate application online through the HR Certification
Institute (HRCI): www.hrci.org or call 1-866-898-4724.
- To take the SHRM-CP/SPHR, you must complete a separation application online, go to: http://www.shrm.org
Eligibility Requirements for each certification exam (click on links below):
To Register: 1. Pay for course registration tuition - Two (2) Options with Tuition price on Course Enrollment Form
2. Virtual Students must pay for shipping of Course Workbook (if choosing Tuition Option 2).
Air Force COOL PROGRAM for Eligible MILITARY PERSONNEL:
- Our organization is registered as a training provider with GBSI.
- Select Hume'n Resources as the vendor/"exam center" (how it's stated in GBSI's system).
- Click on above link